DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
The terms set out in this Data Protection Statement apply to any information you give Bikers Care Approved Limited, and/or any of the Care Approved Group of companies. It will also apply to any information you have already provided.
We may revise or supplement our Data Protection Statement from time to time for any of the following reasons:
- to provide for the introduction of new or improved systems, methods of operation, services or facilities;
- to reflect an actual or expected change in market conditions or general market practice;
- to comply with or anticipate any changes in any legal or regulatory requirement;
- to ensure that our business is run prudently;
- to make our Data Protection Statement clearer or more favourable to you; or
- to rectify any mistake that might be discovered from time to time.
You must not send us personal information about someone else without first getting his or her consent for it to be used and disclosed in the ways set out in our Data Protection Statement. This is because we will assume he or she has consented, although we may still ask for confirmation from them. Where you do give us information about someone else, or someone else discloses a connection with you, that information may be taken into account with your other personal information.
We treat your privacy very seriously and we understand that you will wish to know how we will use the information we collect from or about you. We use your personal information in accordance with our Data Protection Statement and will fully comply with all applicable UK data protection legislation (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2018). It is important that you take all necessary and appropriate steps to protect your data yourself (for example, by ensuring that all passwords and access codes are kept secure).
Information which we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you provide (either directly or through an agent such as a solicitor, independent financial advisor or introducer) by completing an application for our products and services, whether in writing, on our website, over the telephone or by some other means. This information may include your name, address, contact details, date of birth, bank details, details about your employment, financial information and vehicle information.
- Records of any correspondence from you or anyone acting on your behalf.
- Details of transactions you carry out with us.
Purpose of collecting the information
We may process, transfer and disclose your information for the purposes of:
- providing you with services, monitoring your investments and complying with your instructions;
- verifying your identity;
- detecting and preventing fraud;
- complying with laws and regulations (including the rules of any regulatory authority) and public duties;
- in the interests of security and crime prevention;
- analysis in order to assess and improve our business;
- where we have a contract with you, or where you have provided explicit consent, we may contact you from time to time regarding products and services available, and other marketing purposes.
We will act proportionately and responsibly when we process, transfer or disclose your information and we will act strictly in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation Act 2018. We will not process any of the above information.
We may at any time search your record with a fraud prevention agency. If at any time you give us or procure the giving of false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud we will record this. The fraud prevention agency will use information recorded for statistical analysis about fraud and will also share it with other organisations who will use it to prevent fraud and to help make decisions on motor, household, credit, life and other insurance proposals and claims by you, members of your household or any other businesses associated with you.
We may from time to time contact you about products and services available from Bikers Care Approved Limited which we believe may be of interest to you. We may do this by post or by phone unless you have told us in writing not to; and by e-mail, text or other electronic means if you have provided us with explicit consent that we can. You can tell us in writing at any time if you change your mind and wish to withdraw consent.
Disclosure of your information
Your personal information may be passed to and used by companies within the Care Approved group of companies, which includes Bikers Care Approved Limited, and its agents and sub-contractors who administer or process the information on our behalf. Most of our sub-contractors and administrators are based in the UK, EEA, or Canada. Please contact Keith Nisbet at Bikers Care Approved Limited, Quob Park, Titchfield Lane, Wickham, Fareham, Hampshire, PO17 5PG for an up-to-date list of the current agents or sub-contractors we use from time to time.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer.
- If Bikers Care Approved Limited is wholly or substantially acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bikers Care Approved Limited, our customers, or others.
We may on occasion transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries which may not offer the same level of data protection as the United Kingdom.
In particular, your information may be sent to Canada, which is where one of our company administrators is based, and the USA and any other jurisdiction in which our IT providers, an agent or a sub-contractor carries on business. If this happens, we will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as if we were dealing with it.
Access to your information and correction
Subject to some exceptions, you have a right to access personal data that is held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold, you should write to Keith Nisbet at Bikers Care Approved Limited, Quob Park, Titchfield Lane, Wickham, Fareham, Hampshire, PO17 5PG or email email@example.com. We will respond to you within one month of receipt of the request. We will provide a copy of the information held free of charge however we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with requests for further copies of the same information. You may also request from us details of the fraud prevention agencies with which we may have carried out searches. If there are any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you, please notify us of this in order that we may correct the information we hold about you.
How to contact us
If you have any comments or questions about our Data Protection Statement please contact Keith Nisbet, our Data Protection Officer at Bikers Care Approved Limited, Quob Park, Titchfield Lane, Wickham, Fareham, Hampshire, PO17 5PG.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is sent and stored on your computer and/or mobile device which provides us with information in relation to your website usage, and allows us to recognise that you have used our website before.
Cookies are safe and secure and are commonly used by websites.
A cookie typically contains:
- the name of the server the cookie was sent from;
- the lifetime of the cookie; and
- a unique identifier (usually a number).
How cookies work
When you visit the Bikers Care Approved website, our website server sends a cookie to your device and uses this number to recognise you when you return to the site or browse from page to page. This cookie is then stored on your computer or mobile device.
All websites can send a cookie to your browser if your browser settings allow it. Many websites do this to track online flow.
Types of cookies
Cookies may be categorised on the basis of their life span:
- Session or temporary cookies: these cookies expire when you close your browser or when the session times out.
- Persistent or permanent cookies: these are usually stored on your hard disk and survive across multiple sessions but have a longer expiration date.
Please find below a table detailing the types of cookies used on our website:
|Cookie Name||Set by||Data Stored||Purpose||More info|
|PHPSESSID||WordPress||A random unique number or string of letters and numbers.||As you browse around the pages on this site, the session cookie tells the website that you are the same person requesting the webpages, and not a new visitor to each page. This cookie does not identify you personally and is not linked to any other information we store about you.||wordpress.org|
|tk_tc||WordPress||Anonymous||This cookie collects metrics about the users use of the website related to the WordPress.com features so that WordPress.com can improve their services||wordpress.com|
|_ga||Google Analytics||Anonymous||Used to distinguish users.||developers.google.com|
|_gid||Google Analytics||Anonymous||Used to distinguish users.||developers.google.com|
|_gat||Google Analytics||Anonymous||Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_.||developers.google.com|
|AMP_TOKEN||Google Analytics||Anonymous||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.||developers.google.com|
|__utmt||Google Analytics||Anonymous||Used to throttle request rate.||developers.google.com|
|__utmc||Google Analytics||Anonymous||Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operates in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.||developers.google.com|
|__utmv||Google Analytics||Anonymous||Used to store visitor-level custom variable data. This cookie is created when a developer uses the _setCustomVar method with a visitor level custom variable. This cookie was also used for the deprecated _setVar method. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.||developers.google.com|
Controlling or deleting cookies
You can easily control and disable cookies through your browser settings. Learn how to remove cookies set on your device. Removal of cookies may impact the experience whilst using the website through repeated requirements for entry of confirmation.